Search Engine Optimization – What is it and Why is it Important?
Search Engine Optimization, or more commonly known as SEO to many, is the pivotal aspect of online marketing and website development. SEO is constantly changing and evolving as Google sets new algorithms in place to affirm their search engine performance and dominance. As online marketing and SEO practitioners, we have to stay at the cutting edge of techniques to continue to develop an online presence.
How do we handle and manage SEO? Here are a few practices that every website should incorporate.
Now this is where many companies actually miss their opportunity to be ranked within search engines. They don’t focus enough of their time on the home website. Sites need to be complete and fulfilling for the visitor; a clear sense of direction and communication for all those that land on a page. When traffic begins to visit, it should be clear to them where everything is and what is being offered. If it becomes confusing people are inclined to leave and look for another site that gives them the path of least resistance.
When monitoring a site, make sure these aspects are completed:
- Website URLs- Make sure they are relevant to the page and consumers.
- Page Titles – Explains the page in a few words.
- H1, H2 – Optimized for key focus of the page.
- Meta Description – Brief description that potential visitors will see when in search engines.
- No Dead Ends – Pages should always lead to another aspect of the site or third party assets.
- Sitemap – Optimize pages by importance.
- Engaging Design – Avoid the bland and boring. Make sure you’re excited and energetic in displaying your website
Social Media Integration
The world has become more digital and connective since the birth of the internet. We have thirsted on the ideas of how we can connect even more effectively than we do now. Anyone can become famous with the right use of social media and clever marketing. This is an opportunity that cannot be ignored by any company searching to increase revenue and visibility. Social media may not be your primary for generating sales but it will definitely help gain awareness and traffic to your product, if managed correctly.
Best social media practices:
- Finding the Right Platform – There is an endless amount of social media platforms, pick the ones that can best benefit the company.
- Completing the Profile – Make sure every aspect of the social profile is filled out.
- Consistency – Create a schedule of posts that will be manageable. Social profiles fail without consistency.
- Brand Image – Uphold a brand image across every platform.
- Engaging Content – Create posts and updates that are engaging and entertaining for the viewer.
This may be last on the list, but know that this is the fuel that runs the online marketing motor. Without creative and quality content, there is no way to build an organic follow. Now organic content can be photos, questions, videos, blogs, news articles, etc… The key to organic content is caring about what is being produced. Do not make content for marketing sake, but for educational and informational purpose. Content that is well designed, shows quality and speaks to the target audience will be far more affective when trying to improve reach and exposure.
Content Creation Tips:
- Keywords – Make sure there is a focus of the article, use and place a target keyword or Keyphrase.
- Organic/Quality – Content pieces have to be organic, not copied material or overly recycled content.
- Consistency – Have a plan that will be easy to have content streamlined to publication
- Social Integration – Share content with social media to increase exposure
- No Duplications – Content cannot be blatantly reused without modifications. Recommend all content be organic
More to come from us here at First Click Inc. This was just a brief overview of some broad excerpts of search engine optimization and SEO techniques. We will go further in depth on concepts in this article and others in the future.
For more information on SEO go to our website First Click Inc
Or Follow/Like us on: